Presentation and Facilitation Skills
This three-day course focuses on developing the skills necessary to present information and/or to facilitate a group or class. If you are facilitating evidence-based intervention groups, leading workshops, or presenting educational sessions to the community, this course is for you. You will receive tips and techniques on how to be more effective when you speak or facilitate a group. You will learn:
You will practice using the new skills by delivering a short presentation. This class will also provide the opportunity for you to take home a recorded copy of your presentation for your personal review.
- How to select an instructional strategy
- The basics of presentation skills
- How to use and design visual aids
- How to develop a simple lesson plan
- Key elements from adult learning theory
- The basics of group facilitation skills
- Tips for effectively conducting a guided group discussion
- Classroom/group management techniques
Full attendance is required to obtain credit for this course
*Please be advised that the nature of this course may involve discussions about sexual content, STD's, HIV and reproductive health.