Expedited Partner Services: The New Standard of Care for Treating Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Expedited Partner Services: The New Standard of Care for Treating Sexually Transmitted Diseases covers the rationale, background and mechanics of Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT). The course includes Texas Medical board changes, Pharmacy Board opinion as well as extensive research illustrating that EPT is a useful tool in the fight against chlamydia and gonorrhea in heterosexual sex partners. The course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
The objectives of the course are:
- Define the 3 components of EPS
- Explain the rationale for EPS
- Discuss the rules for Texas professional associations which permit the use of EPS
- Discuss the scientific and institutional support for EPS
- Describe the benefits of EPs
- Describe the indications and contraindictations of EPS
- Employ express services and patient-delivered partner therapy in offices and clinics
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN navigation bar, then click "Test Your Environment" on the left-hand menu.
Please note: Conituing EDucation credits are no longer offered for this course