Texas HIV Medication Program 2013 Update
Texas HIV Medication Program training teaches case managers how to serve clients effectively by referring HIV clients to appropriate resources, decreasing errors and omissions on THMP application forms, and helping HIV clients with the recertification process. Special circumstances such as homelessness, changes in insurances and Medicare recipients are covered. This training will take approximately one hour to complete.
This course replaces Texas HIV Medication Program (course id 1022738). You do not need to take this course if you have completed the previous version of the course.
At the conclusion of the training, learners will be able to:
- List all of the programs that provide free or low cost access to HIV medications
- Identify the eligibility requirements for the Texas HIV Medication Program (THMP)
- Describe the details of the THMP application process
- Identify which program is more appropriate for your client -- the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP) or the State Pharmacy Assistance Program (SPAP)
- explain ADAP and SPAP programs to clients
- explain the Low Income Subsidy or LIS program?
- Complete required fields on the THMP application blank even when there was not a clear answer to the question
- Prevent a delay in the processing of an application due to missing information was missing
- Use a checklist to review applications for consistency and completeness before sending them to the THMP
- Explain the recertification process to a client
- Assist enrollees who are put on hold or denied recertification in the Texas HIV Medication Program (THMP)
If you are experiencing technical issues, please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN navigation bar, then click "Test your Environment" on the left-hand menu.
Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are the recommended browsers for using this course
If you are experiencing additional technical issues feel free to contact the TRAIN Texas technical staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-458-7336 or Mary.VanWisse@dshs.state.tx.us or 512-206-5892
If you need assistance while taking the course, please contact the course provider listed under the Contact tab.
original posting of this revised course 1/22/2013