IS 120.A introduces the basics of emergency management exercises. It also builds a foundation for subsequent exercise courses, which provide the specifics of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) and the National Standard Exercise Curriculum (NSEC).
This course will introduce you to the following concepts:
- Managing an exercise program
- Designing and developing an exercise
- Conducting an exercise
- Evaluating an exercise
- Developing and implementing an improvement plan
At the end of this course, you will:
- Identify the five phases of the exercise process
- Distinguish the tasks necessary to complete each phase of the exercise process
- Understand how exercises complete the emergency preparedness cycle
- Comprehend the role of exercises in the testing of facilities, equipment, and personnel in a performance based environment
- Recognize how exercises prepare communities to respond to and recover from major emergencies
This course is designed for local, State, Federal, trust territories, tribal nations, volunteer organizations, and private industry emergency management/response personnel with the responsibility for exercise program management and/or serve as a member of an exercise planning team.